Monday, January 6, 2014

Non-negotiables

I drafted a list of non-negotiables a few years back to help me find Mr Right. I found a printed copy folded neatly in between the pages of a book as I was looking for something else that I have misplaced. Here's the list for posterity's sake. Not that I think it would help anyone, since I'm still unmarried. That's not to say I haven't found the person who checks all the items in the list; in fact, Someone does check on almost all except for one. I won't take away from the original list, just add a few words to explain my point back then. 

The List

1. Must have love, lots of it; both of us in large amounts. Love for self. Love for the other. Love for Life!
2. Must not have previous marriage or children or live-in partner. The biggest secret is that I'm a very jealous person. 
3. Must fear God, must have some sort of faith, such as going to church and praying, and loving God's creations. 
4. Must be an artist (in one way or another). 
5. Must be in Canada. 
6. Must be smart and have an education to prove it.
7. Must think I'm the best creation on Earth. 
8. Must love to travel and know how to get enraptured while travelling. 
9. Must listen when I need to talk. 
10. Must accept that I'm a writer. 
11. Must know when to leave me alone (or when not to leave me alone). 
12. Must love to make love. 

Number 5 is the only negotiable item at the moment. Primarily because even I keep moving around. Though home is Canada, family obligations have lead me back to my childhood city. But my heart knows only one thing -- that home is where he is, wherever that may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment